Furniture Jackpot!
My mom found a cache of armoires at a business salvage place she frequents to buy shelving and junk for her costume store. We went there yesterday on my lunch break. Jackpot! I bought TWO armoires and a trunk, all for the low, low price of ... no, I can't tell you. You'll be too jealous.
One is a 1918 primitive pine cabinet with shelves inside. I'm going to put it in the hall and use it as a linen closet. The other is a 1934 armoire with clothes rods and a shelf inside. It has interesting handles (not sure what they're made of, some kind of plastic ... maybe bakelite? I'll post pictures when we bring it home) and locks with a little key. So cool!
The 1914 trunk has the intials R.F. in the top ... Ronald Fulman? Robert Foster? Renee Foshee?
We're going to pick them up this weekend. I can't wait!
One is a 1918 primitive pine cabinet with shelves inside. I'm going to put it in the hall and use it as a linen closet. The other is a 1934 armoire with clothes rods and a shelf inside. It has interesting handles (not sure what they're made of, some kind of plastic ... maybe bakelite? I'll post pictures when we bring it home) and locks with a little key. So cool!
The 1914 trunk has the intials R.F. in the top ... Ronald Fulman? Robert Foster? Renee Foshee?
We're going to pick them up this weekend. I can't wait!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home