1902 Victorian

Bringing our old house out of the disco era and back into the Victorian.

Home | Blog | Kitchen | Entry Hall | Attic | Living + Dining |
Bedrooms | Bathrooms | Exterior | Want List | Links | Town

Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'll Think About It Tomorrow

Thanks for the support, guys. We talked to our lawyer friend last night, and he gave us the name of a friend who works with this kind of case. We hope everything will turn out all right.

Now I'm going to do some deep breathing and turn my mind from this. In the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara: "I can't think about this now. I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow."

I finally got those photos of the parlor set and fainting couch uploaded. I also realized I forgot to mention a cute little green 1930s-ish footstool I bought at the Antique Alley sale.




Last night we talked to an antique dealer in Eutaw who said the sale went great for all the dealers and that everyone he talked to planned to come back next year. Now they are trying to orchestrate another antique sale, this one on Hwy. 14, which bisects Alabama. There are several small, historic towns along the highway, each about 30 minutes apart, so it would make a good trail for traveling buyers. I get excited about anything that draws positive attention and travelers to our little hamlet. Eight houses have sold to outsiders in the past eight months (including us). That sounds like a miniscule amount, but for a town of 1,900, eight new families is a lot.

The nearest large town's newspaper did a story about out-of-towners moving to Eutaw. I'm always happy to see Eutaw get positive press, but I wish the story focused less on the two individual stories and more on the big picture and benefits of moving to Eutaw.

Of course, Eutaw aside, I'm an evil journalist and have to find flaws in everything. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, nice finds! I love fainting couches. And it's great that Eutaw is getting some attention. Hopefully it'll reel in some cool old-home lovers :)

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home