Unhealthy Weekend
We managed to do zero work on the house this weekend. I was busy playing with my new camera and baking. Our Eutaw friends planned an "Unhealthy Dinner," and I made a caramel cake for it. I love caramel cake, but my mother always discouraged me from making it because you have to cook the icing. Take that, Mom - I made it, and it was delicious!
Of course, the cake-baking wasn't uneventful. As I was taking the cooling caramel mixture stuff out of the refrigerator, I dropped the bowl and spilled about 1/3 of it all over the inside of the fridge. That was fun to clean up.
Other yummy unhealthy dishes were sausage/brat thingies, spinach-sour cream casserole, green beans with ham, TWO dishes of my personal favorite macaroni and cheese, Sister Schubert rolls, creamed corn, and of course, booze. Yum, it was fun.
On Sunday we attended our nephew's 4th birthday party, where we ate more cake and I took 118 pictures. Have I mentioned I love digital?
Of course, the cake-baking wasn't uneventful. As I was taking the cooling caramel mixture stuff out of the refrigerator, I dropped the bowl and spilled about 1/3 of it all over the inside of the fridge. That was fun to clean up.
Other yummy unhealthy dishes were sausage/brat thingies, spinach-sour cream casserole, green beans with ham, TWO dishes of my personal favorite macaroni and cheese, Sister Schubert rolls, creamed corn, and of course, booze. Yum, it was fun.
On Sunday we attended our nephew's 4th birthday party, where we ate more cake and I took 118 pictures. Have I mentioned I love digital?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home