Holidaaaaaays are Joyful
There's always something new. But every daaaaay's a holiday ...
When I'm near to yooooouuuu ...
The lights on my tree I wish you could see;
I wish it every daaaaaaay
OK, sorry. Had to quote my favorite holiday song, "Merry Christmas, Darling" by the Carpenters.
My parents and sister came over for T'giving dinner on Thursday. I "helped" make the mashed potatoes and shocked my mother by my complete ignorance of the womanly art of cooking. Hmmm ... she never taught me - was I supposed to just absorb it somehow?
Mom and Dad brought the 6-foot Christmas tree since they no longer have room in their house, and we have plenty. Yes, we have a fake tree. Fake trees are a tradition in my family because my safety-obsessed dad says real trees are a fire hazard.
After dinner, we walked off our turkey lethargy by exploring the house next door (which I wrote about here and here). My mom is in love with that house ... she's kinda like me - falls in love with every house she sees.
In the afternoon, Mom and I decorated the Christmas tree. I've been collecting ornaments since we got married, buying in the after-Christmas sales. This is the first time we've had a full-size tree. I had more ornaments than I thought, and it turned out really beautiful. I love Christmas trees. We put it in front of the window in the foyer.
I feel all Christmassy now. I've been listening to the nonstop holiday song radio station and busted out my Carpenters Christmas Portrait CD and the Elf soundtrack. Now where are the rest of my holiday CDs? (yes, I have several).
Even li'l Henry has caught the holiday spirit and has adopted the Christmas tree skirt as his new bed. No ornaments have bit the dust yet.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home