Weekend in Review
As you can imagine since we had guests this weekend, we didn't get any work done on the house. I did sew a tiger-print cavegirl outfit for my Magic Attic doll, though.
Friday night I went to a scrapbooking party and finally got our honeymoon page finished. Hey, it's only been two years and seven months. But that was the only thing I got done that night other than catching up on the gossip with my one remaining friend from high school, Wendy.
On Saturday, Mom and Dad brought us two white rocking chairs Mom bought for our front porch. Mom has been on a shopping-for-our-house spree lately. You can see where I get it from. I won't show you the scary picture from my birthday of us looking like identical twins, one of whom was frozen in a cryogenic chamber and awakened 30 years later, not aged one day past 23.
After M & D left, we went on a frantic cleaning and de-cluttering spree to prepare for our guests. I put away all the Christmas decorations except the Christmas tree itself. I even allowed Darwin to throw out the now-crusty gingerbread house, though I couldn't do the trashing myself. Too many memories ... ;)
Our guests arrived - one of Darwin's lifelong friends, J, and his wife, M, supercool folks - and we had an early dinner. Then we came home and I made Cosmopolitans for M and me with a makeshift shaker. I need a real one.
We played Cranium, and hilarious good times ensued. I won't tell you about how Darwin got drunk (a rarity for him) and puked on the bathroom curtains and passed out at 9 p.m., mortifying me.
Whoops, did that slip out?
Our guests left since it was so early. On Sunday, we could've got some work done - especially since Darwin miraculously had no trace of a hangover - but instead we laid around the house watching TV.
We even watched a Lifetime movie called Baby for Sale. I couldn't resist. I'm very attracted to adoption stories right now.
Friday night I went to a scrapbooking party and finally got our honeymoon page finished. Hey, it's only been two years and seven months. But that was the only thing I got done that night other than catching up on the gossip with my one remaining friend from high school, Wendy.
On Saturday, Mom and Dad brought us two white rocking chairs Mom bought for our front porch. Mom has been on a shopping-for-our-house spree lately. You can see where I get it from. I won't show you the scary picture from my birthday of us looking like identical twins, one of whom was frozen in a cryogenic chamber and awakened 30 years later, not aged one day past 23.
After M & D left, we went on a frantic cleaning and de-cluttering spree to prepare for our guests. I put away all the Christmas decorations except the Christmas tree itself. I even allowed Darwin to throw out the now-crusty gingerbread house, though I couldn't do the trashing myself. Too many memories ... ;)
Our guests arrived - one of Darwin's lifelong friends, J, and his wife, M, supercool folks - and we had an early dinner. Then we came home and I made Cosmopolitans for M and me with a makeshift shaker. I need a real one.
We played Cranium, and hilarious good times ensued. I won't tell you about how Darwin got drunk (a rarity for him) and puked on the bathroom curtains and passed out at 9 p.m., mortifying me.
Whoops, did that slip out?
Our guests left since it was so early. On Sunday, we could've got some work done - especially since Darwin miraculously had no trace of a hangover - but instead we laid around the house watching TV.
We even watched a Lifetime movie called Baby for Sale. I couldn't resist. I'm very attracted to adoption stories right now.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home