1902 Victorian

Bringing our old house out of the disco era and back into the Victorian.

Home | Blog | Kitchen | Entry Hall | Attic | Living + Dining |
Bedrooms | Bathrooms | Exterior | Want List | Links | Town

Friday, December 03, 2004

A Perfect Mix

BWAHAHAHA ... that's my evil genius laugh. Because, yes, I am now a genius at something - making cupcakes. From a simple cake mix, I, Kristin, have created the most perfect cupcakes ever made.

I may be kidding about the evil genius part, but I am not joking about these cupcakes. They are seriously the best I've ever tasted. And I am known 'round these parts as a serious cake critic.

But I can't take all the credit. I owe it all to my secret weapon (OK, not so secret since I'm about to tell you) ... my new-to-me 1960 pink Sunbeam stand mixer! Thank you, eBay! Thank you Sunbeam! Thank you, color pink!

Here the lovely thing is now:



Chipped and old though it may be, this beauty can whip up a fluffy batter that turns into light-as-air cupcakes in spite of the unpredictable heat of our avacado green oven.

Now I'm having visions of everyone at the Walters family Christmas party tomorrow oohing and ahhing over my handiwork. Will I confess my secret weapon? Yes, I'll probably be gushing about it all day long.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home